Yep, it got us. For the last week Walker has had a nasty cough, runny nose, and a really bad attitude. Poor guy. I knew that he didn't feel well and we were watching for the fever that is normally associated with RSV since we know a couple of kiddos that have had it. But no fever. None at all. So this morning when the cough was so deep in his chest and he hacked so hard he had to catch his breath afterward, I decided to make an appointment with our beloved pediatrician. Turns out my instincts were right. And that rattle in his chest that I could feel with my hands just touching him was indeed wheezing. So after a breathing treatment in the doctor's office we left with a prescription for Xopanex and another for Amoxicillin (for the double ear infection we also have). Mr. Man is still cranky but the doctor informs us that the worst of it is over. And...to top it all off...the Booger Bear cut one top tooth yesterday and is working on three others. I suppose the crankiness will continue....poor guy, I just wish I could make it all better!
2 comments:
Oh, poor dear! RSV and a double ear infection? I hope he gets better really soon!!
I'm calling our pedi this morning, too. Both of my kiddos have had a cough and runny nose, but X-man seems to be getting over his. Buttercup still has a cough and runny nose and she hasn't been eating well for about a week. She's not running a fever and I can't hear any wheezing or chest rattling...and she's cutting teeth...and she's got the "two year old 'tude" so I'm not sure what's going on. But last night she had a hard time sleeping which is not normal, so I'll be calling today!
You take care of your little guy (and don't forget to get some rest yourself!).
Remeber when Sophia had to wear that thing, oh how she hated it!
Post a Comment